Low-Profile Lay-In 2′ x 2′ Ceiling Tile Loudspeaker
with 200 mm (8 in) DriverLCT 81C/T is a full-range ceiling speaker designed to lay into a 2 ft x 2 ft US-style suspended grid ceiling, with no cutting of ceiling tiles required, making for an easy and cost-effective installation with a minimum of mess. The low profile depth of only 100 mm (4 in) allows the speaker to fit in locations where deeper loudspeakers do not.
This loudspeaker is designed to provide excellent performance for paging and light-to-medium music in a wide variety of applications, including education classrooms, business music systems, retail stores, music/paging systems, airports, reception/waiting rooms, lounges, courtrooms, meeting rooms, and more.
The very high sensitivity of 96 dB provides maximum sound level, even at low tap settings. LCT 81C/T contains a 200 mm (8 in) dual-cone driver with a very high 96 dB sensitivity. The driver features a 25 mm (1 in) diameter voice coil with a Kapton coil-former and high-temperature wire for better power dissipation and long-term reliability. The speaker’s built-in 10 Watt transformer provides versatility by allowing use on 100V or 70V distributed loudspeaker lines, as well as at 8 ohms (low impedance) for driving directly from a low impedance power amplifier. Adjusting is convenient via a rotary switch on the side of the rear enclosure. Two safety seismic attachment tabs are provided for securing to ceiling deck, plus 4 holes are provided — one in each corner. The color of the perforated grille is white.
Not for metric 600 x 600 ceiling systems.FEATURES
- High efficiency 200 mm (8 in) dual-cone driver.
- Easy lay-in installation into 2′ x 2′ US-style suspended grid ceilings. No cutting of ceiling tiles is necessary.
- Perforated metal grille included.
- Combined 70V/100V and low impedance direct operation.
- 20 Watts at 8Ω (low-impedance) direct setting.
- 10 Watt multi-tap at 70V/100V with taps at 10W, 5W, 2.5W (and 1.3W for 70V only)
- Very low-profile at just 103 mm (4.1 in) deep, to fit into ceilings that are shallow or that contain obstructions.
- Easy bare-wire connection in protected compartment. Wire entrance from either top or side via knock-out.
- Very high 96 dB sensitivity turns power from small amplifiers into maximum sound level for listeners.
- Designed for high speech intelligibility.
- 100° coverage pattern (conical).
- UL1480A and UL2043 certifications for use in ceiling plenum spaces.SPECIFICATIONS
Transducer High-efficiency 200 mm (8 inch) dual-cone driver with 25 mm (1 in) diameter voice coil, Kapton coil former, and high-temperature voice coil wire. Frequency Range
100 Hz – 16 kHz Nominal Sensitivity 96 dB Nominal Coverage Angle 100° conical coverage (ave. 1 kHz – 4 kHz) Rated Maximum SPL 108 dB @ 1 m (3.3 ft) average, 108 dB peak (at 8Ω setting) Nominal Impedance 8 ohms (in Direct/Thru 8Ω setting) Transformer Taps 10 W, 5 W, 2.5 W @ 70V or 100V (plus 1.3 W @ 70V only) Recommended Protective
90 Hz high-pass (24 dB/oct) for 8Ω direct or any 70V or 100V tap setting Power Capacity
40 Watts Continuous Program Power
20 Watts Continuous Pink Noise
Input Connector Bare wire inside protected in touch-proof wiring compartment. Tap Selector Rotary switch accessible from side of backcan Materials Steel rear enclosure, front baffle, and perforated grille Grille Color White Safety Agency Suitable for use in air handling spaces certified per UL1480A, Speakers for Commercial and Professional Use; UL2043, Standard for Fire Test for Heat and Visible Smoke Release for Discrete Products Installed in Air-Handling Spaces; NFPA90 & NFPA70; S7232/UL Listed, Signaling Speaker. Dimensions 607 x 607 x 103 mm (23.9 x 23.9 x 4.1 in) Net Weight 7.1 kg (15.7 lbs) Shipping Weight 8.3kg ea; 16.5 kg per pair-pack (18.3 lbs ea; 36.4 lbs per pair-pack) Ceiling Cutout Size No cutout required. Speaker drops into ceiling grid Suspension / Safety-Seismic Attachment Points Two tabs on back baffle, plus 4 holes in corners
Source: LCT 81C/T | JBL Professional